I believe it’s important as a fitness professional to allow people to know that I’m qualified to give exercise advise to clients and I’m that I’m also partaking in continued learning development.
I have a Level 3 Personal Training Qualification from Train Fitness, London. I also hold a Level 3 qualification in Adapting Exercise for Pre & Postnatal Clients.
(It’s incredibly important that personal trainers have this extra qualifications when training pregnant women and new mothers.)
I’m currently doing a Level 4 in Nutrition to become a qualified Nutrition Coach. This will give me the ability to go more in depth with client’s diets as a Personal Training qualification does not cover that.
Here’s a list of health conditions that I’ve covered with my GP Referral qualification, (meaning I have the knowledge to adapt exercise for individuals with the following health conditions.)
If you’re unsure about training with your health condition, please speak to your GP or Healthcare Professional.
- Atherosclerosis (hardened and narrowed arteries)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol)
- Osteoarthritis (degenerative joint disorder)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (inflammatory joint disorder)
- Osteoporosis (weakened bones)
- Back pain (non specific)
- Spondylosis (degenerative spinal issue)
- Joint replacement
- Diabetes (type 1 and type 2)
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease – umbrella term for emphysema and chronic bronchitis)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis